Saturday, August 25, 2007

Back with the blogging

Well, it has been a tumultuous month to say the least. After our rather quick move out of the Middle East, we are back in the States, where my mother-in-law has made it her mission to dote on us until the new baby is born (which I am so thankful for!). We had two weeks to pack up all of our stuff, find new tenants for our apartment, and say god-bye to many friends that we've made over the past two years. It was difficult to say the least, especially since the evacuation took us totally by surprise.

Being back in the States is bittersweet. I am so happy for air-conditioning in the final month of pregnancy, having adults (other than my husband and I) to help and take care of our son, and a comfortable environment in general. But it was so hard to say good-bye, especially to our church family there, and our best friends.

Our son seems to be adjusting well to life here. He can watch Dora the Explorer every morning and play outside in the kiddie pool, and we're within walking distance of an awesome park! He's been having so much fun playing with my mother-in-law's dog, Kiki Mocha (a mini dachshund). A couple of days ago my mother-in-law was baby-sitting for her friend's daughter, Lucy (10 mos old), and she brought the baby into his room and he exclaimed, "Oh, it's my new baby sister!!!" He was so excited that my MIL had a hard time telling him that this wasn't his baby sister, that she was still in mommy's tummy. He was a little disappointed, but he did have fun playing with baby Lucy!

The baby is due in three weeks. I was concerned for a while because my baby hadn't flipped into the head-first, upside-down position until yesterday when we went into the hospital to have a procedure done to flip her. The doctor I have here is great, and it took a few tries to get her turned, but she eventually moved into position! So I am very thankful that everything went well. I'm having a few contractions this morning, but that happens from time to time anyway. If I go into labor at this point, it'll be OK b/c we're past the 36 week mark. My mom, grandma, and brother will be up here next weekend, so I hope I have the baby sometime while they're here!

Thanks for all your prayers and support as we make this transition in our lives. We've really been blessed during our stay here in the US.

4 comments:

Miriam said...

I'm so glad you're back to blogging! I enjoy reading your blog. I can't wait for baby Lauren Amelia Miriam Miller to come into this world. How exciting! I'm glad she flipped too. God be with you in the last stages of your pregnancy and at your delivery.
Love ya!
Miriam

Dawn said...

And if you name her all those names, her initials will be "LAMM" (... as in, "on the...")

Sharon M said...

Well, Duane's initials are "DAM," and you can have a lot of fun with that one too...

Dawn said...

ha ha. i never realized that.

eli's initials are EAR.