So, yesterday, I went to my (hopefully) last check-up before the baby is born. I had been having contractions on and off all morning, but nothing consistent. The doctor checked me and I'm 2cm dilated (which is normal for a woman who's already had a baby), so I thought, surely today is the day! The contractions continued throughout the day, and by about 9pm I was thinking, hey, maybe this is for real; they were starting to get a little painful.
However, I sat on my yoga ball for a few minutes and then went to lie down on the couch since I was tired. Sure enough, contractions stopped and I went to sleep. Now, while I am EXTREMELY grateful that I didn't go into labor in the middle of the night like last time, I was a little disappointed that this baby hasn't come yet!
So, tomorrow is my due date. Jeannette's husband is in the Netherlands right now, and he'd really like to be here when the baby is born. He arrives tomorrow evening, so I think he's secretly praying that the baby comes a little late so he can be here :-) He was so enthralled with David Julian when he was born, and since his kids are no closer to having kids than, say, my 19 year-old brother is, these are the only grandkids he'll have for a while. I'm tired of being pregnant but I don't mind holding off a couple of days if it'll make him happy. I think this baby is a little bigger than my son was, but we'll see soon (I hope!).
1 comment:
I can't wait to hear about the new arrival and also to see you soon.
Post a Comment