Before we left for San Antonio, I was doing my normal routine of feeding Amelia in the afternoon. Once I was done, I set her on the bed and went to take care of some business in another room. While I was getting a glass of water from the kitchen, my mother-in-law came in and said, "Guess where the baby is." And I thought, oh no, what has my son done now?
Julian has gotten into the habit of picking up the baby without asking permission first (we've been working to change that). He's pretty careful -- I mean that very loosely, in a three year old kind of way -- but he doesn't quite understand that you have to hold the baby's head all the time, etc. This is pretty frustrating for me, but I knew it was going to happen, mostly b/c Julian is fiercely independent and hardly asks for help on anything (I think I hear "I can do it by myself" at least twice a day).
Back to my story: I proceeded to walk into Jeannette's room to see what my son had done, and you know where the baby was? In the dog kennel. Yeah, that's right. DOG KENNEL (the dog, a little dachshund, was elsewhere). I asked him why he put her in there, and he responded (as if it were the most obvious thing in the world), "She was tired." So, this is what we figured: in the mind of my three year old, the baby was tired. And as the baby is about the same size as the dog, and the dog always sleeps in the kennel, baby Amelia must sleep in the kennel too.
That's logic for you from my preschooler.
6 comments:
Haha, I love Julian's antics: Hoo hoo hoo amen! What a loving brother to be so thoughtful about his sisters well being! Love you guys!
did you take a picture?
3 year old logic is awesome!
that is the cutest thing I've ever heard.
Amelia,
No I didn't, but I think Jeannette might have. I'll ask her.
I LOVE THIS STORY! Classic preschooler. This will certainly go down in Miller family history. :) Wish I could see you in SA.
Allison,
Yeah, so sorry we can't meet up in SA w/ you all. Maybe we can do a "meet half-way" thing later on in Carlsbad, NM? The kids might enjoy the caves (and the bats). Just a thought.
Post a Comment