That bag was FULL of candy by the time we finished Trick or Treating!
As a child, I didn't go trick or treating (except for one time with my grandma). My parents always took us to the "Fall Festival" at our local church, so we got candy, but didn't get to the whole door-to-door thing. Perhaps it's just me trying to live vicariously through my kid, but we had a great time going through the neighborhood. He was so polite although at one point (I think), my husband scolded David Julian for taking too much candy at one person's house; he was only allowed to take one handful (I know! HANDFUL??? Since when do they get to take candy by the handful? I guess people in my parent's neighborhood have become uber-generous over the years). So at the next house, he took one piece and the lady was like, "He can take more than one piece if he wants to." So my husband relented and our son proceeded to sift through the candy for like 5 minutes to find the perfect piece.
4 comments:
When he prayed did he say, "Roar, roar, Roar, Amen?"
David Julian, you're such a cute lion! YOu look great!
If it makes you feel better, I only handed out 1 piece/kid because I didn't think I got very much candy. But we ended up with leftovers. C'est la vie. I did put the little Christian Pumpkin story on all of my candy though (you can read it at the seely blog). I really thought there would be more kids. Next year I'll go down to Maplewood, I heard there were tons of T'rT there. WHat did Amelia go as?
Very Cute. My wife and four of her nieces and nephews were in that neighborhood (B.H.) trick or treating. It was their first time ever (since they don't celebrate halloween in the 'Commonwealth').
Miriam,
Yes, actually he did. Julian's good at staying in character.
Amelia wasn't dressed as anything b/c her costume is still up in Denver.
Post a Comment