Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Unexpected trip to London

Well, I made it. It was a lot of last-minute planning and such, but I DID make it to the UK to help hubby. It was very fortunate, actaully, that I got a flight out on Monday, since he was released from the hospital on Tuesday and made it to my cousin's house right before I did. So, now he's got someone to help him around the house and administer his pills. I think I missed my calling in life. I was talking to my dad (who is a VERY experienced nurse) about some surgical procedures and tachycardia, when I stopped in mid-sentence and said, "Dad, can you believe I understood almost everything you just said?" To which he just smiled at me. So maybe I should've gone with my original plan to become a nurse. Oh well. Maybe in the future, if we move back to the States.

Anyway, I have not done any sightseeing yet. I spent about an hour or so getting from the airport (Heathrow is WAY west outside of London, and I had to get to East London where my cousin is), so I spent my afternoon traveling around on buses and the tube, minding my gaps and such. Today is rainy and cloudy, so it looks like an exciting day to sit indoors and read...

Yeah, I know, it's embarassing. I should blame my little sister for this, as she's the one who brought the book home. Or perhaps the airports and even the FAA, who requires me to sit around with nothing to do for hours on end. I need something to keep me entertained, and this is probably the best (or perhaps worst?) escapist fiction available. I've been teased thoroughly by my hubby over the past 12 hours, and I'm horrified to find my taste in books is so low, because I actually LIKE IT. Yeah, bring on the humiliation, I like books written for 13 year-old girls.

No comments: