Sunday, March 1, 2009

Raindrops keep falling on my head

Wow, what a lot of rain we've had! And I can't decide whether it's a good thing or not. I mean, it's good because we live in the desert, so ANY rain we get is always welcome (also, by the end of spring, we are practically guaranteed no rain until wintertime, so we should enjoy what little we have). However, it means no playing outside, and the kids get a little stir-crazy. Investing in rain slicks just isn't wise (like I said, desert), so we have to think of creative ways to keep little ones entertained. And with hubby off in Scotland for a week and a half, I NEED to get out! I'm so glad we were able to rent a car for at least part of the time my man is away.

Yesterday we went to KFC. The kids had a blast! There was a group of little Arab girls (probably ages 8-10) having a birthday party, and they completely fawned over my toddler daughter and even kept my four year old entertained for a while. Let me tell you, it was a treat to do something like that, and not have to watch my kids every 5 seconds. I love the little girls here. By and large, they are so responsible, and in general, they love children and will play with kids any age.

When I got home, I noticed a lot of water on the floor. Uh, oh. Sure enough, parts of the roof are leaking. Time to call the landlord. I just don't think houses here are made to deal with this kind of rain. We have towels on the floor, sopping up the messes in my son's room and the living room. I hate calling my landlord; he's a nice guy and all, but it's so hard to get him to do ANYTHING. Plus, I'm going to have to tell him about the door incident, which I'm dreading.

So, that's all for now. I wanted to post something since it's been a while, but that's all that's been happening. Rain, rain, rain. And almost always on the weekends. Off to church now!

No comments: