Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Update from my last post

Without going into too many details, the doc has put me on bed rest for now due to some concerns he had at our last appointment. We leave for the US in 24 hours, so you can imagine how this has wrecked havoc on all our plans! Dear hubby has been wonderful, taking over the role as both mom and dad while I sit in bed, trying to think of things I can do to keep from being totally useless! So, I've been packing on the bed (with DH bringing clothes and suitcases, then carrying them away), sorting through piles of stuff, and occasionally getting up to help with something around the house.

I've been using a lot of my "free" time to pray, since I cannot chase kids around or do anything that requires any amount of physical work. I pray for our trip, for the baby, for our family members, for concerns at our church. It has been a real growing experience for me in terms of my prayer life, and I feel my fears and concerns ebbing, though some still remain. I'm nervous about our flight mostly. I have been repeating Psalm 121 over and over again -- "The Lord is your shade at your right hand/ the sun will not harm you by day/ or the moon by night/ the Lord will watch over your coming and going, both now and forevermore.

As the hours of our time in Israel draw to a close, and a new season begins, we continue to rely on the Lord and His grace to pull us through. On Sunday I got to share a song with our church here that has really spoken to me at various times over the past ten years, but is especially poignant now. I'll just post a little bit of it:

My faith is like shifting sand, changed by every wave
My faith is like shifting sand, so I stand on grace


Waters rose as my doubts reigned
My sand castle faith it slipped away
I found myself standing on Your grace
It had been there all the time


Thank you for all your prayers over the past few days, or months, or years. They have carried us through our most difficult patches of life.

7 comments:

Dawn said...

oh my word Sharon, i had no idea. i am checking your blog for the first time in weeks! i will be praying for you all.

you cited several faves of mine, that CC song and psalm 121. i love that psalm. it's a great one to cling to.

one day at a time, dear one.

abu 'n um tulip said...

Love you! Um Tulip

Sharon M said...

Thanks Dawn. We have made it to CO without any problems, so now we're just dealing with the time change, which is proving to be a little difficult. It'll be over in a couple of days, hopefully, but for now it's a little crazy around here!

amelia said...

praying for you, friend

crabbymommy said...

Wish you luck. Am sure the Lord will watch over you.

Rest as much as you can. I was the same in my pregnancy..it passes, anything does.

Take Care.

Joseph D. Walch said...

I didn't realize that you guys were going through so much these past weeks. Louise and I will be praying for you.

George said...

Hey,

Great blog, very well written and full of interesting articles. I was wondering if you would you be interested in being a guest on my blog?

Or if you would like, we could simply exchange links. Please let me know.