Wednesday, November 17, 2010

BUSTED!

This refers to the water main on our street. The bad news: we were without water for a good chunk of Monday AND Tuesday. The good news: PLAY TIME!!!


Does anyone else's "desert soul" cringe to see this much water flooding out onto the street? All I could think was, "I could use this to water my plants! Flush my toilets! Grab some buckets people, stat!!!"


Mia grabbed her rain boots and headed out to the flooded street. It was a little cool, but not too bad, so she had a blast playing and dancing around in the water.

They ran the fire hydrant for about twenty minutes to flush the lines, so the kids had a good chunk of time to play. I'm so glad my children love stuff like this and are happy with these simpler joys in life.


Even our neighbor Alyssa came out to join in on the action!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

it's so good to see you blogging again sharon!

Sharon M said...

Yeah, I've been a bit of a slacker lately. I'm trying!!! :-)