Sunday, July 31, 2011

Tic-tock goes the clock

"If the Lord Jehovah makes us wait, let us do so with our whole hearts; for blessed are all they that wait for Him. He is worth waiting for. The waiting itself is beneficial to us: it tries faith, exercises patience, trains submission, and endears the blessing when it comes. The Lord’s people have always been a waiting people" -Charles Spurgeon

‎"Teach us, O Lord, the disciplines of patience, for to wait is often harder than to work." – Peter Marshall


I posted these a couple of days ago on my Facebook status. As most of you know, we are still waiting on our visas to go back overseas. We applied for them over 6 weeks ago and have still heard nothing on whether we've been approved or rejected. I know that our friends/contacts overseas are doing everything in their power to get us our visas, but I feel like we're just sitting around twiddling our thumbs until we get a green (or red) light.

The second quote really resonates with me; I am now officially in frustrated/ feeling stranded in limbo land mode. I think it has something to do with the fact that August is around the corner. I hate this feeling, this situation. It's hard on our family, especially our kids. But we have to just trust, trust, trust our God. And wake up every day with a renewed sense of resolve to hope because, to be honest, I'm pretty worn out by the end of the day. I don't know if we should get my son enrolled in school here (which starts August 16), or continue to wait this out until we get a definite 'yes' or 'no'. Is that a sign of my weak faith, or me being pragmatic? If we get a 'no', then what? Where do we go from here? Questions like these buzz around in my brain like angry flies, and I spend half the day shooing them away. Not because I don't want to deal with the answers, but because I know where they're coming from. They are seeds of doubt, and they are not being planted by the Father.

So for now, pray for patience and peace for our family. We want to be back overseas, doing what we have been called to do. Every person in our line of work has struggled with issues like this, so I know it's nothing new.

And You know the plans that You have for me
And You can't plan the end and not plan the means
And so I suppose I just need some peace
Just to get me to sleep.

2 comments:

Abu Daoud said...

About time for a new post, no?

travel the world said...

I am glad to find your blog.
http://www.trekbd.com/