So, there are many things I love about being pregnant, and the good definitely outweighs the bad (I don't want to discourage any first-time pregnant ladies or those who haven't had kids yet)! However, there are a few things that grate on me. Most of the things on my "bad" list I've only experienced in the last 2 months of pregnancy, so it's not TOO bad. Anyway, here are the top 5 things I love/hate about being pregnant:
Things I don't like:
5. Zantac and Tums being a daily part of my diet
4. My son trying to climb on my stomach (ouch!)
3. Getting kicked in my bladder at 4am (or at any time, for that matter)
2. Swollen _______ (ankles, face, arms, etc.)
1. Waiting!!!
Things I love:
5. The first time the baby tickles the inside of your tummy
4. Cute maternity clothes (we've come a long way from house dresses, ladies!)
3. A good excuse to take mid-afternoon naps
2. The way my son likes to give my tummy kisses (right before he jumps on me! See #4 under "Things I don't like")
1. Looking forward to holding my little one!!!
It's strange that both #1 slots have to do with waiting for the new baby, I just realized that... It's just one of those things where it's a exciting and frustrating at the same time. Eight more weeks to go, more or less, until we have our new baby Miller!
6 comments:
so exciting! can't wait to hear all about her!
I have to 1000% agree with the jumping on the tummy! I find myself trying to find creative ways to position myself so that no 2 or 3 year olds can accidentally jump on me. Mostly they just get excited and forget but a lot of times when I am reading to them they will use their elbows to push themselves up. Elbow in the belly=ouch!
Can you get papaya pills there? They are really successful for some people--sometimes more effective.
Great post--I have thought about doing something similar.
Have you guys decided on a name yet?
Amelia -- Haven't really looked into papaya pills; most people here are not into the whole natural remedies/organic thing here, unless it's stuff they've used for centuries (not too many papayas here in Jordan). As for names, we've got three we like so far: Lauren, Miriam, and Amelia. Which one do you like? ;-)
Dawn -- Thanks, and congrats on your new little guy!
for what it's worth, i LOVE the name amelia. classic yet uncommon.
I'm partial to Miriam. It's also very effective in your Arabian ministry. Can't wait to be pregnant, and I'm sure I'll have a list of love hate things too.
I have to say that I really like all 3 names...I might be a little partial to Amelia but I love both Miriam and Lauren too. Aww....I can't wait to see pictures of your baby girl!
Post a Comment