Julian has been on a "baby owl" trip for the past few days after watching an episode of Wonder Pets where they rescue a baby owl and help him find his daddy. When Ed asks him in the morning what his name is, Julian almost always responds, "I'm baby owl today!"
So, this afternoon during lunch at Luigi's Italian Restaurant (where I ordered eggplant parmesan in hopes that it would help the labor process), Julian, I mean Baby Owl, offered to pray before our meal. He started, "Father in heaven... hoo hoo hoo hoo, hoo hooo, hoo hoo. Amen." It was all we could do to NOT burst out laughing. I still don't think he quite understood that what he did was funny (and sweet), but it was quite cute and my husband got a real "hoot" out of it when we told him about it later this evening!
5 comments:
wow, so i guess we'll be hearing about your own labor story real soon! :) love you guys!
Awww, Give Baby Owl a big hug for me! I can't wait for your new addition too!
HILARIOUS!!!! That is so cute. Erik and I both laughed out loud when we read it. I love it when kids really get into characters and make believe. Carter doesn't really do that but a few weeks ago we were with some friends whose daughter insisted on being called Treasure Girl which made Carter want to be Spider Man. Excited about your little baby owl daughter. :)
Hey Allison! Good to see you on the blogasphere (blogosphere? How do you spell that?) again. Julian's imagination has just been blossoming lately, like maybe within the past month. Maybe it's because he has more interesting toys now...
I look forward to seeing "Owlette" too -- we're ready, any time she wants to come! My mother-in-law thinks it'll be tomorrow since it's Sept 11th; I say Wednesday because she's scheduled to go in to the doctor that day :0) As long as I don't go into labor at 10pm like I did last time, I will be happy!
Hey Sharon, I had to laugh when you said eggplant Parmesan might make you go into labor...reminds me of what your mom ate (or I mean didn't get to eat? when she went into labor with you! Since we were in the same Lamaze class, it was a tradition according to the teacher, that the last class goes out for Hot Fudge Cake Sundaes and someone always goes into labor. Well, you and your mom and dad didn't even make it to the last class-wonder what she did eat???
Post a Comment