
So, here's a fun question:
If you had $10,000 and were only able to spend it on a vacation/travel with ONE companion (spouse, friend, etc.), where would you go? Would you backpack across Europe, stay at the Ritz in NYC, do an African safari?
I would go to Moscow. That's the only way I'd ever be able to afford it :-) Either that or Budapest, Hungary (pic above is St. Matthias Church in Budapest) . I've wanted to visit there since I read The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova.
7 comments:
well my dear, i'd have to say go to budapest, then! it's really one of the most beautiful places in the world (i may be biased, but that's where i fell in love with dave)... the food is one-of-a-kind and the bridges are gorgeous and the people are wonderful. it's not that expensive, so you could really do it up with 10K. Oh, and I have lots of pictures of it on my flickr account, so be sure to click on it and use the tag "Budapest" or "Hungary". truly, i love it. oh! and i've been to moscow too and i'd choose budapest over it any day. (moscow struck me as an overwhelmingly sad place, but Red Square was awesome).
with my money, i'd have to say Sydney, Vancouver, or Paris.
I'd want to take Scott and explore Scotland and Ireland. I'd want Scott to see all the amazingness I experienced in Ireland. Also, I didn't go to Scotland when I was over there because Scott said he wanted to go with his bride. So I couldn't go without him. I'd want to walk and explore the highlands, let Scott delve into his heritage and family history. We'll be wisked away into the dewy, deep forests. The moss covered trees and rocks transporting us to a land of green while the brook tinkles by as the fairies lull us into a peaceful stupor. Soon we'll be in Tirn a'nog and time can stand still as we wander 'further up and further in' -- our own Narnian adventure.
Ha, I guess I have you on my RSS feed now.
I was thinking yesterday that I would love to sail the Pacific, especially that new natural reserve of islands near Hawaii. And if anybody wants to visit Sydney, My wife's parents live just north, 40 min by train. They love company too (empty nesters).
Great ideas guys! Sydney would be pretty cool too. I just realized I've never been south of the equator (although I got REALLY close when I went to Colombia!), so I might go there, or Argentina. Having a husband who speaks Spanish fluently is a real bonus :-)
London and I would go with Daniel. We have the same style of traveling and share a love of British culture. I have always wanted to go to London. I know I will get there eventually.
I would have to choose either traveling all across Europe.....British Isles, France, Italy, Germany etc...
OR...
Hawaii. If I had 10000 to spend that means I could stay for a while. I could learn how to surf and scuba dive. I could enjoy the beach which is typically my top choice of vacationing.
I would want to go with Jon of course!
Post a Comment