...today would be that day! It all started with my daughter sleeping until 7am (9-7, not bad for 7 months old). Then, we had a good breakfast, a "picnic" lunch outside, and my son has been SOOO obedient. The weather outside today is gorgeous, but not hot. So I'm hanging out laundry while my son plays (nicely) with his little sis.
The only thing that would make this day better is if our future landlord called and said our house is ready to move into tomorrow. Yep, that would make my day!
I guess I wanted to blog about this because, well, days like this come along so infrequently and unexpectedly, and I wanted to just enjoy my day of being thankful, since sometimes I struggle with this. It can be lonely sometimes over here, and there are many days I am frustrated by my (lack of) ability in the language, our house situation, and even my kids. But, like going into labor, there is always rest between the painful parts, and often the situation is over before you know it. Like labor, while you're going through it, you feel completely helpless at points and just give in to the pain. But, it's just temporary, and the rewards are worth every painful step.
4 comments:
I hear ya. We have good days and bad days. On the bad days, we wonder if we'll make it through the day in one piece and with our sanity. On the good days however, it's a pure joy to be a parent.
It's all part of the trials of parenthood. I've come to believe that being a parent is not just the act of having or raising children. It's so much more. It's a test of epic proportions that lasts forever, but mainly 18-22 years, and tests every facet of your character. It helps you to grow and it strengthens your soul.
It's a hard test that consumes many people, but those that pass are of amazing character.
can I quote you're labor part on my romans 8 paper? I have to talk about the groanings in the passage.
@Chris -- thanks for the sympathy and encouragement!
@Miriam (or Scott?) -- sure, quote whatever you want. Hope your paper comes out well.
Hi Sharon! I wanted to wish you a blessed Easter (Orthodox calendar), and I thought of you as I looked at Israel just fifteen feet away yesterday. :)
May the Lord bless this busy time of life, training you in contentment as gently as He did me. :)
Post a Comment