Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I feel like a moron

Why, do you ask?
Well, it all started while I was getting my daughter ready for bed on the floor in our room. She was grabbing my face and my glasses, so I took my glasses off and set them aside, then continued to dress her. During this time, my son comes over and begins playing a little too rough with her, so both hubby and I tell him, "Get on your bed and leave your sister alone." Brother stays there for about 20 seconds, then proceeds to get off of his bed and move towards sister again. Hubby gets up and bounds after him, then I hear a crunch.
There go my glasses.
Oops.

9 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh. MY. WORD - I just wrote a really long response to this and it got lost by Blogger! ARGGGGH!!!!

maybe some other time i'll come back and try to redo it. annoying!!

anyway the gist was that you're not a moron, but a normal-mom-in-stress-mode!

Chris Rasco said...

My glasses are like a magnet for my children. My 11 month old daughter rips them off my face. If I put them down, she makes a bee line for them. My son did the same thing when he was that age. I'm thinking of getting some of those cheap plastic ones to wear while I'm around the kids. Then I can just tape them up when they get busted.

Anonymous said...

ha ha, we've all done that sometime or the other, so don't feel like a moron! I don't wear glasses but the other day we were out and I was wearing sunglasses and my daughter just would not let me keep them on my face..I had to hide them!!

One of these days she'll get her hands on them..

amelia said...

{{{{cringe}}}} Sorry that happened!

Sharon M said...

@everyone -- yeah, and it was a real bummer too b/c the glasses are less than a year old and they were REALLY nice. Maybe I can take them somewhere here and have them repaired. The frames are still OK, just the glass part (ie the most expensive part) broke.

allison said...

Sharon, right now I have tears coming out of my eyes b/c I was laughing so hard after reading this. Not at your misfortune, but at the fact that I thought the title of this was "I feel like a MORMON." So the whole time I'm reading it, I'm thinking, "So when is she getting to the Mormon part?" Now, who's the moron here?

Sharon M said...

@Allison -- LOL!!! Thanks, I needed a good laugh. Whew, it's been a hectic day!

Anonymous said...

Sharon: now that I think about it I think we paid for them with the Mastercard so they might be insured. Could you check on that? (How surreal is this? I can hear you in the kitchen right now...)

Anonymous said...

Dude. I was playing with Ace today and she was grabbing my glasses. I thought about this post and through them on the bed so they wouldn't get stepped on. Thanks for the heads up!

So sorry it happened to you! that stinks.