Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Guess the temperature here


Based on what my son is wearing, what do you think the weather is like here? (and no peeking on The Weather Channel website)


When we woke up this morning, it was FORTY DEGREES. And that's Fahrenheit folks, not Celsius. What is my son thinking??? Here I am, huddled in my pajama pants, thick socks, long sleeved tee and pullover, and I'm STILL COLD. He must have some special, built-in heater that I did not come equipped with.

Do your kids do this, too? My son will change into more appropriate attire before we leave (or I'll be haramed into next week by every Arab lady I pass by on the street), but he'll protest the entire time, declaring that "It's not that cold, mom!"

4 comments:

abu 'n um tulip said...

You should have heard the teachers complaining today about how cold it was yesterday. It got below freezing overnight ( -2 celsius). I then told them that the expected HIGH in my hometown was -11 celsius! I'm so glad I'm not in Michigan right now. Teddy Bear refuses to wear his winter coat so a medium jacket is all I can convince him to wear regularly. That and with being in throws of potty training he's often running around the house without anything on his bottom, I can relate! Haram 3alayna.

Adam Omelianchuk said...

Oh my gosh, whatever. It is currently -7 outside (feels like -29 with wind). I am absolutely miserable and no one can change me. Though, 40 degree weather would. Bust out the shorts!

Sharon M said...

Adam, you know I'm a Southern girl; extreme desert heat, I can handle. The cold, not so much. I could never make it in MN (or MI, or any of those northern states).

I think it got close to freezing here last night, Um Tulip. It might freeze tonight; it's been so windy today, with the wind whipping around our house.

amelia said...

It took a few months for Ewan to really realize that the weather was cold and was going to stay that way. He went to school in shorts and short sleeves when it was in the 50's and maybe in the 40's. We let him dress himself and I figured that he would figure out pretty quickly that wearing warm weather clothes was not very fun. He said the same thing that David said!

For me, it wasn't a battle worth fighting....but i might reconsider if I was going to get harassed by every woman who passed by! :)