Anyway, a couple of weeks ago was the big field trip to the zoo! The kids had a great time, and I was impressed by the variety of animals they had here (no dogs in cages, Um Tulip!).
Thursday, May 21, 2009
What I'm up to
Busy, busy, busy, as I know most of you out there are! We've been trying to nail down summer plans. Lots and LOTS of traveling for our family, with a vacation in June, hubby's trip to the UK to do some PhD work, then the BIG KAHUNA of travel -- the Trans-Atlantic flight to Denver, to see my bro get married. I'm looking forward to being in Denver, but not the plane ride over there. Could be worse, I suppose. At least in 24 hours, it's all over. The grandparents can take over the grandkids, and I can retreat to my room and get a couple of hours of R&R. And while we're in the US, hubby has been invited to speak at a conference in San Diego, so we'll be making a little excursion to the West Coast for that.
Anyway, a couple of weeks ago was the big field trip to the zoo! The kids had a great time, and I was impressed by the variety of animals they had here (no dogs in cages, Um Tulip!).
Here's the play area we sat at while we waited for our tour guide.
Little Man was thrilled to be riding this!
First stop, monkeys!
The South American section featured everyone's favortite smelly mammal, the llama!
LM runs up to this part and shouts, "Look mom! A TAPIER!!! Aren't they supposed to live in the mountains, where it's cool and cloudy?" Thanks Diego, for teaching my son about various South American wildlife and their habitats.
His real favorite animal. Can you tell?
The peacock was a little strange. Once you started clapping...

The end of the day featured a big bouncy play area. The kids had so much fun. LM particularly enjoyed the big slide!
Anyway, a couple of weeks ago was the big field trip to the zoo! The kids had a great time, and I was impressed by the variety of animals they had here (no dogs in cages, Um Tulip!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Is that peacock doing what I think it's doing? You'll have to make your blog PG-13 now.
I think we need to get your husband invited to a conference in Michigan this summer. What do you say?
-Abu Tulip
You don't have to post Abu Tulip's comment, really. But I agree on the informative nature of Diego. Teddy Bear knows all about the Kinkajou.
~ Um Tulip
Hehe, no, he's just attacking the turtle with his beak. I think the clapping provoked him or something.
I'm sure hubby would be happy to speak in Michigan, but I don't think we have any weekends left! I'll have to ask, though...
Yay for getting to come back to the states for some R&R and your brother's wedding! Wish we could see you guys, but Gary is committed to 6-12 weeks of national Guard training in Colombia, SC and I am here at home holding the fort with our 5 cats with maybe two (2) excursions to Texas for my sister's baby shower in June (Austin) and the obligatory visit to my parents house for their birthdays in July (Corpus Christi).
Post a Comment