Shortly after I got back from OK, it was time for my trip to the City by the Bay to see my brother and sister-in-law. It started off a little rocky. I woke up on Saturday morning to find out that I HAD OVERSLEPT AND MISSED MY FLIGHT. Me. I am the most anal, organized person I know - at least, when it comes to traveling! I couldn't believe I had done something so stupid. After having a brief cry/ panic attack in front of my computer screen, I called American Airlines to see what I could do. Fortunately, they were really accommodating and rebooked my flight, no problem. However, I was flying out of SF that night to Santa Barbara to visit my husband's cousin, so I then missed THAT flight. This time, it was the United crew that helped me out adn rebooked me on the 7:45 flight. I got to Santa Barbara at about 10pm... only to find that the car rental place I had reservations with had just closed. Great. Enterprise was open though, so they got me a car, even upgraded me for free and threw in a car seat gratis. At this point, my cell phone locked up for no reason whatsoever, and I didn't know the code to unlock. Couldn't call hubby's cousin to tell them I was running late. SOOOO, I got out my GPS, typed in the address, and proceeded to drive down the 101 in the drizzly, foggy weather. Totally creepy. I made it there without incident at 11 pm, borrowed Jeannette's cell phone to see if I could get mine unlocked... and found that customer service for T-Mobile had closed about 10 minutes before. Drat. Went to bed frustrated, but safe and sound!
The next day was much nicer. We went to the beach, church, the mission, and just hung around. It was great getting to know the Wynnes!

La Purisima Mission in Lompoc, CA

Samantha and I by the beach. Couldn't go down to the shore because a bunch of endangered birds were nesting or something. Stupid birds.

Harvey and Jeannette. I loved Harvey's sense of humor and Jeannette's hospitality. They are wonderful people and I hope I get a chance to visit them again in the future!
After my visit with the... cousin-in-laws?... I made it back up to SF to visit my bro and his wife. Chris and Em are really great people, and it was so nice to see where they live, what they've been doing, and how God is working in their lives. Yes, yes, more pictures! Stop talking, Sharon!

Cute baby in San Fransisco! For some reason, this picture reminds me of
Monsters Vs. Aliens when Ginormica is fighting the giant robot alien.

Great pic of the Golden Gate Bridge. Chris and I walked it. Samantha screamed the entire time. Apparently, she hates strollers. Lesson learned.

Why do I have a random Asian couple in my photos? Because look at those clothes! They're AWESOME.

My bro, my sis-in-law, and me at my Aunt Judy's house.

And here's our hostess, my Aunt Judy! She invited us to dinner and made enough to feed an army. We all left with very full (but very happy) tummies!
So, all in all, the trip was a success. Hubby said that if I had to screw up travel plans, this was the right one to mess up! And things worked out in the end. So, rough beginning, and OH! Totally rough ending. Did I mention Samantha caught pneumonia the last day of our trip, and we ended up spending four days in the hospital once we returned to San Antonio?! Yeah, that was lousy. Poor baby! She's doing great now.
2 comments:
So glad you came for the visit -- we loved having you here, and are so thankful Samantha is doing much better now! Love!
I hadn't stopped by your blog for awhile...nice to see some memories of your trip here:) We sure enjoyed having you and Samantha with us and do hope you can all come for a visit one day!
Post a Comment