Sunday, April 1, 2007

Update since the new year began

I have been so lazy with this blog. Where has the time gone??!! I'll do a quick update of the last 3 months:

In January, we had a splendid time in Denmark. Julian got to ride on a boat for the very first time, and he had a blast! The weather was cold and windy, but that didn't stop us from going out and eating pork and drinking delicious beer (two things we really don't do often here in the ME), as well as seeing the sights. Denmark, incidentally, is beautiful. I would love to visit there again, although I'd probably choose a different time of the year. Shortly after we returned, we went down to Aqaba to see about the possibility of moving down there after we've finished our language training (everyone says that learning Arabic is a life-long process, which is totally true. Someone we knew once told us, after living in the ME for 10 years, that he was finally getting a hold of Arabic). We had a great time hanging out with our friends and seeing what sort of work is going on at the center there (we would be assisting in teaching English or possibly Spanish). Then, we started school again. Last semester of language training!

So that's been our life recently. School school school. Nose to the grindstone.

Oh, and we are expecting baby #2 in September. Very exciting, and the timing is perfect. Don't know the sex of the baby yet, and I'm kind of leaning toward being surprised this time. We knew beforehand with our first one, so it might be kind of fun to do it this way this time.

My father-in-law is coming in town next week. It should be fun, he and my husband will head off to Jerusalem for a couple of days while he's here, and we'll probably do a couple of day trips here and there.

No comments: