Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Fresh Start

Sorry guys, it's been crazy around here. From the beginning of December until now, it's been a whirlwind of traveling, and celebrating holidays, and battling sickness. So here are the highlights from the past month and a half (in chronological order):

1. Going to Pennsylvania: We had a wonderful time visiting with friends, both in the Pittsburgh and Philly area. I had my first ever Philly cheesesteak sandwich, and we all hung out with the Parkers, Seelys and Baids. And I got to drive in snow for the first time EVER (and I hated it, so no moving up north for me!).
2. The Nutcracker: Duane's former roommate danced in the San Antonio production, and was kind enough to give us his comp tickets. So Duane, my sister and I went to see him dance and afterwards went to the Riverwalk for an extremely late dinner. Duane's other former roommate, Jon, was also in town, so we had a great time hanging out. It's always wonderful to connect with old friends.
3. Christmas Eve service at Christ Episcopal Church: There is something beautiful about this particular service at our church. The music minister pulls out all the stops on this one, so a combination of that and the late hour makes it an ethereal experience.
4. New Year's Eve at the Kepczyks: We had a bottle of mead that had been maturing for the past year and a half, and it was DELICIOUS. Great way to toast in the New Year!

As I look back on this past year and think about what I want to improve, it's definitely my quiet time, which has been sporadic. Granted, the latter half of the year was INSANE, what with moving and having a baby and trying to get re-established in our work. But this has always been a struggle of mine, and I'm anxious to get back on track.
God is good; He has shown us our path for the future (one that we're both really excited about), and we look forward to starting afresh at Duane's new job in the Middle East.

1 comment:

Joseph D. Walch said...

Wow, going to the Middle East. I guess Louise and I should have called you up when you were in San Antonio while we had the chance (darn medical school schedule).

Hope everything continues to go so well for you all.