Sunday, February 3, 2008

Sea of Galilee



Hey friends! Today I thought I would post a few pictures of our trip to Tiberius and the Sea of Galilee. It's a beautiful resort town, so hopefully we can go there again when the weather warms up! Keep in mind that, because my husband took most of the pictures, it's more... scenically-oriented (as opposed to people-oriented).

Church at Tabgha: Officially called "Church of the Multiplication of the Loaves and Fishes," this is the site where people believe Jesus did the miracle of the feeding of the five thousand. A beautiful mosaic is depicted at the church's altar. It is now run by the Order of the Benedictines.

St. Peter and my son (with a little bit of grandma on the side)!

Our drive home was so pretty! Sorry about the powerlines, but I haven't had the chance to use Photoshop and eradicate the eyesore! So for now, just imagine that they aren't there.

2 comments:

Miriam said...

I'm so ready to go on my haaj.
Can you go swimming in the Sea of Galilee?

Sharon M said...

M&S,
Of course! There are certain areas that are off-limits b/c of rocks and stuff, but people go there on holiday all the time for a little sunbathing and swimming. And it's not like Jordan, where you can feel uncomfortable walking around in a one-piece. I think we'll try to head over there again when my mom and g-ma come in May.