Friday, April 11, 2008

A FABULOUS meme!

Dawn tagged me in a meme to talk about dream hobbies, so here's the question:
What three skills or hobbies would you learn if you had all the time, tools, and money you needed?

1. Review Hotels: Yeah, I know! Someone who gets paid to travel the world and stay at fancy hotels? Sign me up; I've done so much traveling that I should be an expert on this already. I know what I want from my hotels, as well as what other people expect. It would requite a lot of traveling, so it would be a little hard on the family, hence not realistic for my life at this point. But who knows, maybe when the kids are out of the house in 20 years or so?
2. Dance ballet: I took a ballet class shortly after a got married and LOVED it. Even though I was probably the most uncoordinated person in the class (I think I was the only one who had NEVER had a ballet class in her entire life), I definitely saw some improvement in my dancing by the end of the summer. If I could devote a couple of hours a day to this, I think I'd be pretty good in a few years.
3. Ceramics/Pottery: I like working with my hands, especially with things that won't die (like plants). I've done pottery on a very basic level, but if I could invest more time in it, I would be so happy!

So there you go. Let's tag Allison, Miriam, Kinzi, and Crabby Mommy. Keep it going, girls!

7 comments:

Dawn said...

Yay! I'm glad you played along. I enjoyed reading more about your interests! I could totally imagine you as a ballet dancer.

Sharon M said...

Yeah, until you actually saw me dance... I'm pretty bad, but right now I have the excuse that I've never really had a chance to try long enough to succeed (or fail).

Joseph D. Walch said...

Let's see,

1) Fighter pilot since I'd have to have a few million-dollar planes to crash in the mojave desert, right? Preferibly some planes with some heavy duty missils that I can test out--that's every boy's dream.
2) Marine explorer and treasure hunter a la Jaques Cousteau. I'd sail from California to Hawaii through polynesia and all the untouched islands to Australia. Then I'd sail through the Suez and the Mediterranian and Italy/Spain and Africa to South America, you get my point.
3) A better Husband and family member perhaps? Unfortunately no amount of money or tools will make that magically happen. I guess I'll just have to do that the old fashoned way, through work.

Sharon M said...

Joe,
You know Brad Huebinger is a fighter pilot for the AF now? Marine explorer would be pretty cool. I used to want to be a marine biologist when I was in HS, but I changed my mind by the time I got to be a senior.

Anonymous said...

I would have to say:

1) Advanced mathematics and particle physics. I really think I would enjoy that and it would go well with theology.

2) Sailing and nautical stuff in general.

3) Drums. I think I would like to learn how to play the drums...or maybe the piano.

--Duane

Joseph D. Walch said...

About Brad:
You don't say. I knew he wanted to be an astronaut. Hopefully he's happy.

kinzi said...

Hey, I just saw that you tagged me! Duh, that's what I get for checking in! I'll put my thinking cap on :)