Monday, November 10, 2008

Pictures from Denver

So, I'm going to post these pics little by little, as I have taken about 200 in the past few weeks (I know Dawn's laughing at me right now, she probably takes 200 pictures in a DAY). Here are some highlights of our trip to Denver with the abuelos:

We (brothers, parents and I) went camping the first weekend we were in Colorado. Golden Canyon State park is a gorgeous little place about 30 minutes outside of Denver, and we had so much fun sleeping in a cabin, playing lots of Settlers of Catan (my brothers and dad completely dominated me in that game), and hiking. Didn't get to tour the Coors brewery; they closed before we got there. Bummer!


Lovely view from our hike in Golden. Doesn't the day just look perfect?


We made a trip down to Colorado Springs to meet a friend of mine who is also an overseas worker. Our kids had fun playing at Whit's End at Focus On The Family. Four kids (four and under) with only two parents made for a bit of chaos, but we all had a blast catching up and playing with the babies.


One of my dear friends from high school lives just outside of Vail, so we rented a car and drove up to see her. It was so good to catch up; I saw her last year while we were in town, but we were at lunch with EVERYONE around, so it was a little difficult to have more than surface-y conversation. She is a wonderfully strong person whose been through a lot these past few years, and it was so good to see her again.


The drive on the way home from Vail. I had to pull over on the side of the road to get this picture. It looks like someone took a paintbrush and lit up the sky.


I'm thinking I'll have to post Denver: Part Two tomorrow, as I'm only about halfway through my pictures. Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Adam Omelianchuk said...

Aw, you're lucky! I miss that view...

abu 'n um tulip said...

Yeah, you posted again! Our little boy showed his naughty side today and the curtains caught on fire. Well, it wasn't that serious as the curtains are basically plastic and it was just a couple small holes, but it made me smile and think of you and your unending patience with little boys. The pictures are great. It seems you and the kids are surviving and even doing well with DH away. UM TULIP

Dawn said...

:)

Great pictures!! Love them!! Colorado is gorgeous!!

Sharon M said...

I took SO many pictures of mountains; I love the view, especially of fourteeners topped with a light dusting of snow.