We've had two missing ring episodes this week. Mine, fortunately, has a happy ending.
Last Saturday I was making Hot Cross Buns for Easter Sunday. I had taken off my engagement ring to knead the dough, as I really didn't want sticky sweet dough to get stuck in the nooks and crannies of my diamond. After I was done kneading, Little Man and I were making them into balls and putting them into a pan to let them rise a second time. I got up to wash my hands, then Culacha came in wanting something, so I left the kitchen. When I came back (maybe an hour later), I remembered I had set my ring down on the kitchen counter and went to retrieve it. Of course, it wasn't there. I started to freak out, thinking maybe I had taken it off at a different time or put in down in another place in the house. I checked my nightstand. I scoured the bathroom. Looked under my bed. Dining room table! Culacha's room! Still nothing.
I finally went to ask my son if he'd seen it. What surprised me was his answer: "Sure mom, I took it and put it in my backpack to give to Abeer (his teacher)." While I was pretty ticked off that he had taken my ring without permission, it was a little cute that he wanted to give his teacher something so pretty. So, I made it clear that my ring was a special present from daddy, and he was never, never to take it without permission. Problem solved.
Hubby's ending is not so good. He realized last night that he wasn't wearing his wedding ring, and he couldn't remember recently taking it off. We've looked through the dirty clothes, our bedroom, the kitchen and the bathroom, but no luck so far. He thinks it just fell off while he was out and about yesterday, although I'm not sure how that happened, since he's been wearing it for almost six years and that's never happened. So please pray that we find it! It was a gift from his uncle before he passed away, and it was his grandfather's ring before that. So, while it's not incredibly expensive, it does carry a lot of sentimental value.
***UPDATE***
Our son found the ring underneath his bed while cleaning up this afternoon. All we can figure is that hubby had put it in his pocket while washing dishes and then it fell out when he went to tell Little Man a bedtime story. Regardless of how it got there, we are so thankful that we found it!
1 comment:
any news yet?
Post a Comment