So, today is the last day of school for all the local children (I know, can you believe they go until the end of June??!!). We live really close to one of the private schools, and I must say, I'm going to miss the music in the morning (they play a worship song or hymn to start school, along with music in between classes as opposed to bells or buzzers). Also, since this is "wedding season," we can expect seeing fireworks at all hours of the night (and sometimes even during the day!), along with loud Arab pop music. Given the "loudness" factor of the summer, I'm not sure how to work the kid's sleeping schedule. Most kids stay up pretty late (midnight or thereabouts), but they also sleep in, which my son refuses to do. I can put him to bed at 7, he wakes up at 6. I put him to bed at 9 or 10, and he MIGHT sleep til 7, if I'm lucky. It's the sun, I'm convinced; it rises about 5:30 or 6:00, and as soon as he sees that light peeking through the window, he's ready to go.
Why, you ask, do I not shut the windows and pull down the blinds? Because it's so stinkin' hot right now. Keeping the windows open at night is the only way to ensure a cool house for the next day. Hubby is making a call to the A/C people today, so hopefully we can get that fixed. The evening is actually quite pleasant, but the house gets really hot from about 3:00 until sundown (7 or 8). I'm spoiled from living in the States, I know, but it's only going to get worse as the summer progresses, and by the end of July it'll be so hot at night that we won't be able to sleep.
So, hubby is back from Jerusalem (yea!) and is back to work (boo!). Hopefully he won't have any more travel until the fall when he leaves for Scotland.
No comments:
Post a Comment