Last night I was rummaging around various websites to look at airline deals to the States (a favorite pastime of mine). Hubby's going to Scotland in the fall and I just didn't feel comfortable staying here all alone the whole 3 months, with no mode of transportation, and a Culacha and Hoopie-choo in tow. I had a taste of that while he was gone for a week, and while it wasn't bad, I could imagine nearly losing my mind after doing it for 12 weeks.
My frustration started when I went to book the tickets I had originally looked at while my mom was here, only to find out they had gone up another $500 for the three of us! I couldn't believe it. How were we going to get to the States now? My parents had offered to help pay for tickets, but it just seemed like so much money for such a short time. I prayed. And started looking some more. I figured if we were going to spend the extra money, we might as well try to stay for more than a month (airlines will frequently give discounts for "restricted" tickets, which have a limit of 30 days for the trip). As I was perusing a website, I came across tickets to the States, for two months, one stopover in Europe (that was less than 3 hours), for the LESS THAN the tickets I had originally looked at a couple of weeks ago. Needless to say, I snatched it up.
I feel a lot better about this. One of my concerns going back to the States was financial, another had to do with schooling, but it looks like things worked out on both fronts. I can enroll Hoopie-choo in Pre-K in January with no problem. We will have to work a little bit harder with him on his Arabic though, and he'll probably need a tutor for his first year in kindergarten. But I feel peace about it from the Lord, which I didn't have before last night.
And we are so happy to have hubby back. Hoopie-choo spent the first day playing every conceivable game with him, from Travis the Train to Zogmort the Robot, and then Big Bad Plant (you'd have to be in our house to understand that. Sorry).
2 comments:
Yippeee! When will you be in the states?
When will you be flying to the states?
Is there someone who will be able to fly with you and help you with Hoopie and Culacha?
What does Culacha mean?
Email and lemme know!
Perhaps you'll be here for the old High School Reunion.
Hope everything goes well with your/your husbands travels.
Post a Comment