My mom and grandma have been here for the past week and a half, and they both recently indulged me with a trip to IKEA to get a dining table and chairs (as well as the random impulse buy stuff that's so hard to pass up. Dish towels? Four of them for super cheap! Why not?). I had looked at some furniture stores around my neighborhood, and while the quality was generally good, the CHAIRS were so expensive -- easily $100 a pop. They were also a little too ornate for my taste. I mean, they're obviously made for a formal dining room, but I have two young kids and no desire for fancy chairs. I'm just not that kind of person. I like things simple and neat. You can always dress it up later.
Anyway, we found a great table, perfect for our needs (and our space!), as well as some basic chairs. They delivered the merchandise to our house this afternoon and my mom and I spent some time putting everything together. Even my son jumped in a helped out a little!
Mom helping with the table
Amelia pitched in and helped with instructions
and then promptly started to eat them!
AND, for the grand finale! (drumroll please)
Ta-da! My mom and I worked on it all afternoon, and we got it done (there are also four chairs not shown in the picture that we moved to the kitchen)! Please note that my poor table will probably never look this nice again. It'll soon be filled with coloring books, keys, piles of Newsweek and mail, as well as other random stuff. but for now, it's our eating space, and it's making me feel just a little bit more at home.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank my parents for purchasing this lovely new table for us, as well as my aunt Patsy for donating money to buy 6 of our chairs. You guys are the best!
4 comments:
Wow, that looks awesome! I should know: we have those EXACT same chairs & cushions. :) I heart Ikea and wish there was one closer to us. I guess Atlanta's our nearest.
The chairs are great; we've had them for over 3 years and they're holding up nicely! In fact, most of our house is furnished by Ikea, a fact I have to remind my dear hubby of every now & then when he closes a dresser drawer too carelessly.
Dawn,
Hehe, it's great furniture to have when you've got little ones. That way you don't feel TOO bad if one of them breaks your $19.99 chair.
Yipee. I'm glad you got the Ikea table and chairs. Pictures were adorable. :) Jen
Sharon - the chairs look great!!!!So happy to add a 'special' need for you and your family. I am planning a trip to the house in Louisiana for fall, then your Mom tells me you could be home in TX, would that be great for me, yea! I will make sure I get there when you are there. Want to see you and the little ones. You be good to yourself because you are important. I have also put you in my favs, is there a way your site will alert me when you post? If so pleae let me know. AND--someday I may come, would that be OK? Hugs to all of you! Love, A.Patsy
Post a Comment