
This year, our English-speaking group at church is doing Beth Moore's study on the book on Daniel. There are six ladies in our group, plus a couple around the city who are doing it on their own b/c they simply can't make it on Tuesday mornings. I try to keep up with them, give them encouragement, etc., even though we don't all meet. I'm hoping that, at the end of the study, we can all get together and have a celebratory "We did it!" party.
This week, we went through the story of Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-Nego. The Lord has been teaching me so much about humility and trusting Him through this study. Kind of springboarding off of my last post, I'm realizing I really need to just bathe my son in prayer, and ask the Lord to work in his heart. I am doing a good job as a parent (not a perfect one, but good), and these accusations of being a bad parent come from the enemy, not the Lord. There are a couple of things I can do (I think) at home to motivate my son, but at the end of the day, he is in God's hands.
2 comments:
I think it's great that you have a flourishing Bible study! Yes, your friends who can't come will need all the encouragement they can get. I think Beth Moore studies are like marathons - you start out strong and then it gets harder to see it to the finish line. I myself have started two BM studies and not finished them. The first was with a group - and we moved away in the middle of it. The second I started this year for my own QT's, and I'm halfway through. My goal was to do it all in 2009. I think my 52 book goal got in the way. Hopefully I will get back on track and finish the study (an old one; life of David) come January 2010.
I hope the Daniel study blesses you personally and strengthens your friendships.
That was my New Year's resolution this year - to finish all the Beth Moore studies that I've accumulated over the years! I finished one (A Woman's Heart, God's Dwelling Place), and am working on another sporadically (we've spaced out the Daniel one where we complete one section every two weeks. It gives me a chance to play catch up with this other study). I also half-finished the David and Jesus ones, but I have no idea where they are...
Thanks for the encouragement! Good luck with the marathon, and treat yourself to massive amounts of TC afterwards :-)
Post a Comment