Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My family's visit

I feel kind of lame that my mom and grandma were here in the Holy Land for two weeks, and all I did was post stuff about our new furniture. So, here are a couple pics from their visit. And remember, if any of my readers make it over here, ahlan wasahlan!

My son and I on the Sea of Galilee

Mount Tabor monastery, also known as the Mount of Transfiguration

Beautiful view from Mount Tabor

We had a wonderful time with my mom and grandma, playing tourist and also just having fun. Sometimes it's the little things you miss, like playing Cribbage in the evenings with my mom (which, for those of you who know what I'm talking about, on one occasion I had a 28 hand, my best EVER!). I hope to see them again in the fall, but for now I'll just have to enjoy my summer here without family.

2 comments:

amelia said...

Jon and i have been playing cribbage lately and 28 is AWESOME! I don't think I have ever had that high....isn't 29 the highest score you can get? Good for you!!!

I'm glad you had a good time with your family!

Sharon M said...

Yea, that makes two friends I have that know how to play! Mike Cocke is the other one. And he's pretty good, too. Next time you and I hang out, we'll have to play!